Biology 2020 News and Announcements...

Welcome to Biol 2020 Principles of Cell Biology for Fall 2017! Please check this page often for important announcements...

9 Nov: Exam #3 is scheduled for Thursday 16 Nov during the regular class period. Exam #3 will cover material from Lectures (notes) 15 Evolution and Genes/Genomes thru 19 Vesicle targeting. All material covered in lecture, assigned reading, and problem sets is fair game.

If you last (family) name begins with:

A-K: take the exam in 220 ASB
L-Z: Take the exam in the FMAB auditorium (just S of Marriot Library)

I have posted the "Things you don't need to memorize" study guide... it can be found here...

My review is scheduled for 3:30-5 PM Tuesday 14 Nov in 220 ASB...

2 Nov: The key for exam #2 can be found here... Exam 2 stats and meaningless curves are found on the face page.

Requests for rescoring exam #2 must be submitted to me in writing by the end of class on Tuesday 14 Nov.

Do not write ANYTHING on your exam. If your exam is altered in any way, it ca not be rescored. Write your concerns on a separate piece of paper and staple them to your exam.

I will rescore your ENTIRE exam (I suggest you review the entire key before you submit, to make sure you won't lose points!).

16 Oct: Two supplementary slides for L14 Gene regulation are available as PDF and PPT files...

28 Sept: The key for exam #1, stats, and meaningless curve can be found here...

General Announcements:

Discussion and tutoring sessions begin Monday 28 August... these sessions are OPTIONAL, but attendance is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! See the syllabus for the times and locations, and go meet your TAs (download the schedule here...)!

Throughout the semester I will be showing movies and animations from ECB4. You have access to those movies thru Garland's student resource page:

http://www.garlandscience.com/garlandscience_student/student_home.jsf?landing=student&conversationId=199672

As far as I can tell, using those resources is free. Registering allows you to personalize your resource pages.

Many of the movies are also available thru YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZLthn_3UEc&list=PLrmeLU4xPB-NgGVE-thJXMpi4cOKn6FgO