Biology 2020 News and Announcements...

Welcome to Biol 2020 Principles of Cell Biology for Fall 2016/Spring 2017! Please check this page often for important announcements...

21 Apr: Exam #4 ("The FINAL") is scheduled for Tuesday 2 May from 1-3 PM (!!! Note the time !!!). Exam #4 is 125 points: 100 points covering material from L21 (IFs, muscle, and actin) - L26 (ECM, cell junctions, stem cells, and cancer), and 25 points covering key concepts from the entire semester.

TAs will run discussion and tutoring sessions through Tuesday 25 Apr.

TAs will hold a review for the exam... time and place TBA.

My review will be Monday 1 May from 3:30-5PM in 220 ASB.

A draft study guide for exam #4, including things you do NOT have to memorize (links to study guides for X1-3 can be found in "Old news")...

13 Apr: The key for Exam #3 can be found here...

Stats and "meaningless curves" for exam 3 and total points to date are on the front page of the key.

Requests for re-scoring of Exam #3 must be submitted to me in writing by the end of class on Tuesday 25 April. As always, do NOT write anything on your exam! Write your concerns on a separate sheet of paper and staple it to your exam. I will regrade your ENTIRE exam!

Old news:

A draft study guide for exam #3, including things you do NOT have to memorize...

A draft study guide for exam #2, including things you do NOT have to memorize...

A draft study guide for exam #1, including things you do NOT have to memorize...

The key for Exam #2 can be found here...

The key for exam #1 can be found here...

Throughout the semester I will be showing movies and animations from ECB4. You have access to those movies thru Garland's student resource page:

http://www.garlandscience.com/garlandscience_student/student_home.jsf?landing=student&conversationId=199672

As far as I can tell, using those resources is free. Registering allows you to personalize your resource pages.

Many of the movies are also available thru YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZLthn_3UEc&list=PLrmeLU4xPB-NgGVE-thJXMpi4cOKn6FgO